What we’re looking for:
- Desire to lead interactive museum tours with students
- Appreciation for diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility
- Ability to learn historical facts and concepts and interest in women’s and voting-rights history
- Willingness to apply interactive teaching techniques to facilitate relevant and fun tours
- Availability on weekdays
- Successful completion of docent training (Thursdays, 2pm – 4pm, February 13 to March 19)
- Lead at least two school groups per month during the exhibit’s run (March 13 to November 8, 2020), with fewer during the summer months
All those who are interested in volunteering as a docent for the exhibit are invited to participate in the trainings; however participation itself does not guarantee acceptance into the docent program. OHS trainers will determine whether a prospective docent is qualified to lead tours. Those selected will also need to pass a criminal background check prior to working with students.
If you are interested in attending trainings to be a docent for Nevertheless, They Persisted: Women’s Voting Rights and the 19th Amendment, please apply below.
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020