For over 50 years, the sole judge of the Oregon State Fair’s Chocolate Cake Contest has been the one and only Gerry Frank—public servant, businessman, and cheerleader for all things Oregon. Back by popular demand, the Oregon Historical Society will host its fourth annual Celebrity Chocolate Cake Smack-down in downtown Portland with Gerry as the judge. Come and watch as local community leaders and media personalities present their best recipes for judgment, and join in the tasting once Gerry declares a winner! Celebrity contestants to be announced soon!
Ability Accommodation Information
This event provides the following accommodations:
- Handicap Accessible
Gerry’s tips for making a winning chocolate cake include:
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Keep it simple – pure chocolate is best
- Avoid dryness in the cake recipe
- Dark chocolate is preferred to white chocolate
- And most importantly, the richer the better!
There will also be a raffle to win a chocolate cake!